Calling all Juicy VIP members!
Did you know what for the month of June, Juice Works Happy Hour occurs every Wednesday from 5-7pm! Why is it happy you ask? Cos during that time all Juicy-VIP members get 50% off!* Just pop at the designated time and show us your Juicy VIP card to enjoy this super refreshing (and healthy to boot!) privilege. See you there!
*Terms and conditions apply. Please see poster below
Not a member yet? No problem! Just enquire at any of our outlets, fill in a form, and wah-lah, you are all set to receive membership perks! Read more about membership benefits *here*.
Here’s a sweet story of one dad’s father-daughter ritual that translates into still-shots of both their growths:
It’s Father’s Day tomorrow! Share with us some of the sweet things your dad has done for you while offering them a public “Thank You!” by posting your messages on our Facebook page. If you upload a photo of you and your dad on our Facebook page, you even stand a chance to win a RM200 Juice Works voucher! :O :O More info in the picture below:
To end this post, we leave you with a poem dedicated to a dad:
Special Hero (by Christina M. Kerschen)
When I was a baby,
you would hold me in your arms.
I felt the love and tenderness,
keeping me safe from harm.
I would look up into your eyes,
and all the love I would see.
How did I get so lucky,
you were the dad chosen for me.
There is something special about a father’s love.
Seems it was sent to me from someplace up above.
Our love is everlasting,
I just wanted you to know.
That you’re my special hero
and I wanted to tell you so.
Juice Works wishes all dads out there, a very happy and good Father’s Day! \(^-^)/
(Well, according to some sources anyway. Haha!) Let us know if you find the below accurate or not
Apples: Apple-lovers are extroverts. They are expressive, outspoken, assertive and decisive, and thus possess the vital ingredients needed to be a good leader.
Bananas: If you are a die-hard fan of bananas, you are likely all gooey and soft in the inside. Banana-lovers are gentle, warm and sympathetic — the nurturing sort.
Cherries: The person who can’t stop popping those cherries into his/her mouth is a person who is creative and adventurous. He/she is loyal and sincere, but has difficulty in verbalising his/her emotions.
Soursop: Always ordering Juice Work’s Dragon Tales because you find the taste of soursop irresistable? Well, according to fruit astrology, that is an indication that you are a modest and conservative person who is generally sensitive and contemplative.
Mangoes: Juice Work’s drinks with mango in them are always hot-sellers. So we are guessing that many of our customers are analytical and have a mind of their own.
Oranges: People who are drawn to this vitamin C-synonymous fruit are patience and hardworking. They may work slowly, but it is only because they work thoroughly.
Are any of your favourite fruits listed above? Do you think the description fits you? Let us know!
According to fruit astrology, if you enjoy red juicy apples, you are likely a born leader
Want to host a simple and healthy party? We suggest a fruit party then!
And if you want to get rid of the work involved in making juices, you can cater yummilicious Juice Works juices for your party! Yes, you read us right! We have catering services for orders of RM150 and above! Deets *here*.
Food for thought:
Malaysia is a tropical country with LOTS of Sun — something we should consider tapping on, don’t you think? Do you have any ideas or know of any solar technologies that can be adopted by businesses or homes in Malaysia? Share them with with us!
In our past two posts we have shared some tips on how to go green — from reducing food wastage, the theme of this years World Environment Day, to the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle). Today we share another 10 simple green tips to help you venture into green living!
1. Turn off your electronics (e.g. the computer and TV) instead of leaving them on standby, especially at the end of the day.
2. Install a solar panel for your house (for your water heater). It may cost more upfront, but the savings it will generate will cover its cost in no time.
3. Use the fan instead of the air-con. This move will save you money as well as do the environment a favour. If you have to use the air-con, make sure all windows and doors are shut.
4. Go paperless! Many billing organisations offer consumers the option to go paperless and receive electronic bills instead.
5. Print on BOTH sides of the paper. It’s really not hard to set the option to be default on your printer
6. Carpool! We know this is not possible with the varying working hours some have.. but when it comes to sending kids to school, why not opt for school buses or carpools to reduce the carbon dioxide emission?
7. Use energy-saving lightbulbs — you’ll be surprised at how much longer they last!
8. Bring your own bag! You know you have more plastic bags than you need Invest in a good sturdy cloth bag and use it for your grocery shopping.
9. Fix all leaky faucets… NOW! XD
10. Collect rainwater (to use for front porch cleaning, watering plants, or washing your car)
Going green, can take on many shades! Find one that suits you!
This year’s World Environment Day (WED) theme is Think, Eat, Save (reduce your FOODprint). A very real theme, don’t you think? Make a difference and pledge your activity (to reduce food wastage) on their website. Here are some ways we can reduce food waste:
1. Make a shopping list (and try to buy for the week, not the year – eat fresh!)
2. Stick to the list (yes, lists don’t work unless you stick to them )
3. Invest in a good fridge and find out where what foods should be stored to ensure they last long. Here’s an *article* with some tips.
4. Serve small amounts (and offer seconds to the still-hungry).
5. Don’t throw it away! Over-riped fruits make great smoothies! Add yoghurt, milk or ice cream for variety. More tips *here*.
6. If all fails, compost!
7. Buy a Juice Works Bros tumbler to ta-pau (a.k.a. take away) any leftover juice/drinks you have purchase (and while doing that, you also reduce the consumption of paper! ) With the Juice Works tumbler, you get to buy juice at Juice Works at a discounted rate too! So many perks in one humble cheery tumbler! Get yours today! \(^-^)/
We hope you found the above tips handy ^-^. If you have more, do share them with us!
We have had many green-themed posts Are any of the below your favourite?
1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – a post on good green habits that you can cultivate together with your kids
2. Go Green! – a blog post with 3 simple tips to help make Earth greener
3. Greeeeeen Living – this blog post highlights the benefits of composting. All green-thumbed readers, you will be delighted to know that you can get Juice Work’s fruit and vegetable scraps for composting! Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll arrange something!
4. Tree Art – this blog post features an lovely video of tree art, and we mean art BY trees, not OF trees!
Share with us what sort of green articles tickle your fancy; we will try to oblige
Let’s all do our part so that lush green forests like these are always present! ^-^
Watch this amazing kid in action:
Do you know what your child is good at? Be it art, science, math, music, dance, sports (the list is really endless…), be sure to be encouraging and help them have avenues to develop and hone their talents. If you haven’t discovered your child’s giftings yet, fret not! It’s there We believe every child has a gift (or maybe more), take time and be patient with yourself and your child as you spend quality time together in this journey of discovery. Be open and give your child time to explore and try new things during this school vacation! (And, remember to enjoy and have fun in the process! )
The school holidays have started and if you have kids, its a good opportunity to take time of for some relaxing and some quality family time. Do you have something planned? If you don’t have anything up your sleeve yet, here are some simple (and relatively quick to do) holiday ideas:
1. Cross the border to Singapore to visit the SEA Aquarium. The SEA aquarium is the largest in the world and it is home to over 800 species of marine creatures :O
2. Makan trip! Head up to Penang for some scrumptious assam laksa and cendol! For travel tips, visit the tourismpenang webpage.
3. Take a break from the heat, and head up to Cameron Highlands for scones and tea (and strawberries! :9). Click *here* for useful information for trip planning.
What are you doing for the school holidays? If you have any good holiday ideas, do share them with us here or on our Facebook page!
- June 2013 (8)
- May 2013 (13)
- April 2013 (13)
- March 2013 (13)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (13)
- December 2012 (13)
- November 2012 (13)
- October 2012 (13)
- September 2012 (13)
- August 2012 (13)
- July 2012 (13)
- June 2012 (13)
- May 2012 (14)
- April 2012 (12)
- March 2012 (14)
- February 2012 (12)
- January 2012 (14)
- December 2011 (14)
- November 2011 (13)
- October 2011 (13)
- September 2011 (13)
- August 2011 (13)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (13)
- May 2011 (13)
- April 2011 (7)